Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Braids for Muffins

No, I'm not talking about braids on muffins.  I'm talking about a braid trade for muffins.  Put simply...slow day at work means idle hands willing to braid my hair in return for baked goods.  Capitalism at its finest.

I'm linkin' it up in a crazy way today with both Kayla and Hallie
Which brings me to the Freckles in April Style Challenge.  Time to fashion an end-of-summer up do.  

This is the magic that was worked on my hair this morning.  I could never do this myself.  It would be a mess of tangles ending with a not-so-pretty do and achy fingers.

(Please ignore the post-partum bald spot I'm sporting these days.   I think I need some spray-on hair)

 (also ignore the decor.  I took this at work.  Shhhhh, don't tell.  I mean, it was taken over lunch)

(weird light effect is not from a sky light or divine intervention but rather my broken phone with a huge crack over the selfie lens)

 (this pose because I know everyone is wondering exactly what the top view is like)


Aaaaaand now onto my five favs of the moment as seen on Moxie Wife.
1)  This jumper chair 
because it looks to be entertaining all of my boys at the same time.  I grant you this blissful moment was ephemeral and the chaos resumed in short order, but it was paradise no matter how brief.  I am so happy I had a moment to dig this treasure out of the baby gear pile in the basement.

2)  This guy
zimbio source/credit here


Thank you , thank you, thank you for saying that we need to treat everyone with respect and no judgment, including homosexuals.  You are a much needed breath of the freshest kind of air.

3)  Soft ice.  It's the kind of ice that comes out of hospital ice machines on the wards.  And I love it.  Unabashedly.  I chew it all day long when I'm at work and I think I have a problem.  And a chipped tooth.

4)  Up and Up Target brand breast milk bags.  I have used Lansinoh, Gerber, and Medela and nothing beats these little gems.  I switched to them a while back because they were the cheapest and now I realize they are also the best for freezing breast milk.  I used to get leakers with the other brands pretty regularly and waste precious droplets of my hard earned milk.  Now, leakers no more.  Bless you Tar-zhay!

5)  McDonald's french fries.  Mostly because someone just brought me some and they are out of this world delicious and hitting the spot.  Hot, salt, and fat.  Done.  They're not lyin' - I really am lovin' it.

4 comments:

  1. #2 was one of my 5 Faves too. :) And #5--oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we can seafely assume then that great minds think alike! I loved tagging over to your blog - thanks for leaving a message.

      Delete
  2. I love the 'do! It looks amazing. And McD's fries are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - like I said, I could never generate hair like that on my own so it was a treat. Thanks for popping into my blog and leaving a message. It's still really new to me that someone would actually read what I wrote!

      Delete

Please don't spam. Spam comments are not approved.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin