Monday, August 5, 2013

Sunday outfit

I meant to get this up yesterday when it was truly apropos but alas I never got a chance to get around to it. I had thought I would have the chance to get it up early this morning but that idea was dead in the water oh, somewhere between 1 and 4 in the morning when I was trying to comfort a screaming Stan about the gentle rolling thunder apparently scaring the be-hoozers out of him.

It is hard enough to have a conversation based in any sort of logic or reason with a toddler.
Then add in the difficulty of him being crazy incoherent in the middle of the night, he's exhausted from a fun (but oh so tiring weekend of pools and lakes), and he's bossy on a good day and downright despotic in the middle of the night to make him a weeeeee bit difficult to deal with. 

Anyway lots of screaming on his part, threats and promises on my part and two trips down to the basement where I could sternly talk him off the toddler ledge he was teetering on without waking Dave and Frank who share the room and I was done in for by the time Stan finally called it quits and went to sleep. 

Then George woke up to eat twenty minutes later (cue the violins...)

So all that being said I was sleepy today and had to say lots of prayers for patience and still lost it with the boys when they drove me to the edges of my sanity. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph please help me not leave these boys on an unfamiliar corner. I kid! (sort of)

Here's the Sunday outfit...
Dress : Old Navy last summer. I wore it with a cardie to church but just didn't get a photo of that too

I love that I'm being ignored by Stan and photo bombed by Dave. We all just carry on I guess.
Here are my lovelies piled on my bed this evening while we all wait for Jerry to come home and save us from the Kingdom of Boredom I had banished us to today. Actually it looks like we all have a case of the Mondays. And seriously look at that pile of messiness in the background. Why is it I only notice that once I see it in pictures and yet I walk by it every day without even glancing. Ugh, I need some de-cluttering inspiration. 

Maybe tomorrow. I hope to the heaven of heavens it does not rain tonight. 

I've linked this post up with the gals at Fine Linen and Purple. Enjoy the rest of the Sunday couture over there!

1 comment:

  1. Meg this blog is a total riot. I had dinner with your parents last night and they mentioned this site.
    Well worth my visit. I'll keeping checking in from time to time.

    Barbara Fischer

    ReplyDelete

Please don't spam. Spam comments are not approved.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin